We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

Hi all,

I will be arriving at Pudong airport after midnight and have considered staying in Dazhong Airport Hotel before leaving for the city centre later in the morning.

As I have no prior experience with midnight arrivals and airport hotels, I have some enquiries:

1) Is the check-in counter at Dazhong Hotel 24 hr i.e. they allow check-in after midnight? If not, kindly recommend other hotels which I can consider.

2) I am considering of booking online before my flight. If I reach Shanghai on 15 Jun 2014 12.30am, I would like to confirm that the check-in date which I indicate on the online form is still the day before i.e.14 Jun 2014?

3) Does Dazhong Hotel (or airport hotels in general) have a system in which we pay for a few hours (e.g. 4-6 hours) instead of paying for the full room rate?

Thanks!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,858 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

I would just go to my hotel in the city.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

I am female and will be traveling solo, so I am concerned about taking the cab in a foreign country late at night.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 05:11
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,693 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

I wouldn't worry about it. Shanghai is very safe. Just go to the taxi queue, don't pay any attention to the touts. Have a printed copy of the Chinese name and address and phone number of your hotel to show the taxi driver.

Manila
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

Check in after midnight is okay but you still pay for one full day. So your check-in date should be 14 June.

Better to head straight to city center, there will be no traffic. Expect to pay around 220-230 RMB.

Afaik, there are no Shanghai hotels with half-day rate.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

Thanks for the advice so far.

I will arrange for a hotel stay in the city centre. By the way, I have considered a budget accommodation e.g. Jin Jiang Inn chain. Do they generally have a 24 hour counter and allow check-in after midnight?

Edited: 04 June 2014, 11:17
Manila
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

Jinjiang Inn is a popular hotel chain in China and should have ready front office staff 24/7. When you book online, just leave a note on your booking with your flight number; and that you should be expected past midnight. Enjoy Shanghai!

Edited: 04 June 2014, 12:09
NNJ
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

I would suggest stay at Dazhong or its sister property m168 next door (both are within 10min walk inside terminal). Since almost all hotels have general policy of check-in in the afternoon, you should book 14th. They should have staff at counter 24hours.

If you will stay in downtown, a cheap option is to take the shuttle to downtown, then walk or take taxi to your hotel (total of less than 50rmb).

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

If your worried about catching a taxi you could organise to have a pre-arranged ride, that way they will be waiting for you when you come out from picking up your bags. If you find a hotel you like, email or call them, sometimes email works better (you can translate what you write into chinese text - just in case) and ask if they have a 24 hour check in or if they could make an exception.

9. Re: Reaching Pudong Airport after midnight - Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:17