We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveller to shanghai Female 22 yrs old..Plz advise

Save Topic
Solo traveller to shanghai Female 22 yrs old..Plz advise

Hey there,

So it's the first time I travel alone and I havent been to shanghai ever! Plz advise me on the best street markets as i'm going for shopping purposes. I want to buy nail tools, clothes, fake brand bags and accessories that sell whole sale. Need the street names along with how to get there by mrt or bus as I heard taxi's there ripp u off and they might give u fake money change.. So i'm a bit worried :s I'm leaving on the 25th of July.. Help guys as much as possible

Thanks alooooot!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo traveller to shanghai Female 22 yrs old..Plz advise

"as I heard taxi's there ripp u off and they might give u fake money change"

---> never experienced this. Read in this forum and follow the advice. Same for all places in the world. Only take official taxis and make sure the meter is used. Taxi is not expensive. If you are afraid of getting fake notes for change, take small notes with you rather than paying with big notes.

qwy
shanghai
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo traveller to shanghai Female 22 yrs old..Plz advise

Qipu road,sounds like cheap road. metro line 8,tiantong road staion.But there is many thieves.

Science and Technology museum's fabric market.metro line 2 ,Science and Technology museum staion.

3. Re: Solo traveller to shanghai Female 22 yrs old..Plz advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:15