We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advance for Shanghai

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
37 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel advance for Shanghai

We area a couple in our 50s and will be in Shanghai for 3 nights in mid September. Our travel agents wants to put us in the Putuo district at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Although most reviews are positive it seem like it is in a wholesale area. Her other suggestion was the Crown Plaza Shanghai, but many reviews say this hotel is old and needs some updates. Friends have suggested staying closer to the Bund and we were wondering abut the Yangtze boutique hotel or the Sofitel. Any advice ?

Edited: 07 August 2014, 23:06
adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel advance for Shanghai

stay at the Peace Hotel on the Bund it is the only place to stay

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel advance for Shanghai

There are three CP in Shanghai. The one we stayed has a new building and has been renovating the old building floor by floor. You may request a room in new building or a renovated room in the old building. All rooms in new building are deluxe room, I think. We stayed in the new building and the room was nice.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel advance for Shanghai

I highly recommend Grand Central Hotel near Bund. Fantastic 5 star good price. Stayed there in May. We had a room facing main road and shopping mall.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel advance for Shanghai

I highly recommend Grand Central Hotel near Bund. Fantastic 5 star good price. Stayed there in May. We had a room facing main road and shopping mall.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel advance for Shanghai

I highly recommend Grand Hotel near Bund. Fantastic 5 star good price. Stayed there in May. We had a room facing main road and shopping mall.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel advance for Shanghai

The hotel I mentioned has beautiful rooms and nice breakfast. Check out my review.....

Edited: 08 August 2014, 02:40
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel advance for Shanghai

I highly recommend Grand Hotel near Bund. Fantastic 5 star good price. Stayed there in May. We had a room facing main road and shopping mall.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel advance for Shanghai

hello. i am working in Le royal Meridien , is a bellboy. so i want to recommend this hotel to you. you can check, and i think this hotel no expensive , but it also is a five star hotel . close the Nanjing load ,the bund and people square. if you think it is not bad, you can contact me. i can tell you the details.

9. Re: Hotel advance for Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:16