We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telladega Fall Race

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Telladega Fall Race

We have our ticket so far, but now have to decide where we can get a room. I have checked out the Oxford area and it seems all is booked. We do not want to spend an arm and a leg. Suggestions ?

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Telladega Fall Race

Anything from Birmingham to the Georgia line will be either booked or expensive. You might check Bremen, GA or even Douglasville, GA. They are right on I-20, but probably far enough away to be reasonable. You will have a 1-2 hour drive to the track depending on when you leave. Another option might be Gadsden or Rainbow City. Not really convenient, but not too far away. About the only way to go reasonably is to camp at the track. Don't know what that costs, but it has to be tons cheaper than the hotel rooms that are 5-10 times their normal rates.

Are you flying in or driving?

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Telladega Fall Race

Thanks ! We are driving in. I thought about camping but will it be warm enough at night for camping ?

They have free camping if there is still some available.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Telladega Fall Race

How far is Gadsden ?

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Telladega Fall Race

When is the race?

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Telladega Fall Race

Temps will probably be in the 40s overnight. Camping would be bearable with the right equipment. Gadsden is about 30 miles north of Talladega. It is straight up Hwy 77 from Talladega. There will most likely be a lot of traffic on that road, and it is mostly (if not completely) 2-lane.

The race is Halloween weekend.

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Telladega Fall Race

Thank you.

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Telladega Fall Race

Myself?? I'd camp. It won't be too cold.

You can also look down in the town of Talladega, Sylacauga, Childresburg.

etc.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Telladega Fall Race

It is probably a little late fo this, ( I am sure everyone has thought of everything) but try www.vrbo.com , and look at rentals on Logan Martin Lake.

Also, B&B's...look at www.bbonline.com and narrow to "Talladega" and "Cropwell".

Have fun,

Miller

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Telladega Fall Race

Thanks everyone. I have booked a campsite for now but am worried it is suppose to be around the freezing mark at night so still have my eyes open for any great suggestions...am looking into some of the cottages now.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Telladega Fall Race

We are camping!! I am excited, leaving tonight!

Get answers to your questions about Talladega