We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

Which Talladega hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Talladega
1 post
Save Topic
Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

I want information on the Walker Reynolds place. His mansion was named Mount Ida. Who was Walker Reynolds Children and can you tell me anything about the place?

I am interested in his line. How did the plantation get the name of Mount Ida?

stl
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

as to the line about england i take pride in my family name and know that it is associated with england,and america and the beautiful things my family has done for people throughout the world.so don't be offended by anything you may read here.or feel threatened any way what so ever.the posting of negative thoughts in this forum at odessy really upset me,but i forgive you.i just want to so concern about my family and it's historys.some of this data is to be shared with historical scholars and there respectful universities and colleges.respectfully mike

Flintstone, Maryland
10 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

bmxdad - thank you for the clarification - i could not agree more fully... ok, here is the private temporary number - i suggest that you ask for me quickly and directly; use your first name (use the cell # for privacy since all calls are identified at this number) - they will be alerted to expect a call from you - i will be notified and respond - i will be able to ascertain that it is you and not some interloper - note that this is eastern standard time. again my thanks for your help - mrw

202 - 965-2350 - please call at precisely 7:00 pm EST - note: i will probably not be on line on monday (work related travel ).

Flintstone, Maryland
10 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

mike bmxdad - i am sorry that we were unable to connect last night regarding the information on mount ida - if possible please call this evening (sept 6) at 7:00 pm ( central time) at 205-322-2100 - this is a hotel so privacy is assured - if not, please respond via the forum - thank you - mrw

stl
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

hi !just got home missed talking to you i need all of your personal assistance.the reason,i plan to make a trip home .i will be collecting more family data and photos from talladega,etowa,st,clair,monroe,mobile,montgomery,calhoun,fayette,jefferson,and other surrounding counties.lot of our family members still live and are buried in these counties.

stl
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

the phone number you have posted,i will try to make contact tonight,but if i dont by saturday i can hear your voice.i worked late today,hoping to make some extra money to help support hurrican relief effort.im gonna dail that number until i get through.o.k. so try not to worry to much love you and family.mike

stl
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

i hope to hear your voice is what i really ment to say in the above line.sorry.mike

stl
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

mallory are you out there?

Charlotte, NC
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

Mallory, I am Kristine Mallory Smith. I have recently been to Anniston and saw the gravesite of our ancestors at the Hillside Cemetary. You are a second cousin to me. Your mother is my aunt. I am named after your dad. My dad (Randolph) is your dad's brother. I met you about the time you were going off to college. You visited with my mom and dad in Greenville, SC. My mom thought your cue stick in its case was a musical instrument! Ha!

I have been reading your correspondence in this forum and would like to know more history. ...next time you go to Anniston?? Also, We are sorry to hear about Uncle Neill Herbert.

I'm new at this forum. Can you write me back?

KMSS

Raleigh, NC
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

Hey Kristy and Mallory. I'm Eli (Tom) Alford, your cuz. I am about 4 years late joining this exchange.

I found the ruins of the house a couple years ago when i went looking for it with my daughter, Lindsay (named for Uncle L). It is down the hill from the Reynolds' cemetery right by the road in a small forest. You'd never know it was there in summertime. I wandered through the underbrush and found the columns and some of the foundation still there. Been almost 60 years since it burned, so the forest has taken over.

I PDF'ed a copy of the pages from the Antebellum Mansions of Alabama book and would be glad to share with any readers of this post who are interested.

hope you are well

ps. thanks for thoughts of my dad, Kristy. Miss him every day as i am sure you do yours

30. Re: Walker Reynolds plantation Mount Ida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Talladega