We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tusumbia and Shoals Area

Which Tuscumbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new nashville
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tusumbia and Shoals Area

My husband and I are planning a weekend trip from Nashville to Tuscumbia for the Helen Keller Festival June 22-24. It's our first time in the area. We might bring our 13 yr old grandson.

Any recommendations about "must see's" or restuarants? Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tusumbia and Shoals Area

Alabama Music Hall of Fame, maybe a drive on the Natchez Trace Parkway, the Renaissance Tower. Dale's restaurant in Florence is a great place to eat.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tusumbia and Shoals Area

In downtown Florence, North Court Street just a couple blocks between the River and the University of North Alabama campus, there is a nicely restored area with a lot of great dining choices. Among them, Rosie's Mexican is fun and very good if you like Mexican. They have a great patio.

www.rosiesmexicancantina.com

Where are you staying? There is a very nice moderate priced Hampton with a view of the River just a couple blocks south of there. Of course if you are planning a splurge, the Marriott is very popular. (I have never stayed at the Marriott, so I cant say first hand).

Also downtown Florence is the Rosenbaum House, and interesting home that was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, and is open for public tours, if that is interesting to you. really cool.

www.wrightinalabama.com

If you are into nature, going back east on US 72 (from Florence), Joe Wheeler State Park is a nice place to spend time on the river, fish, hike, etc.from Tuscumbia, it is only 20 miles east, 2nd street, i think.

www.outdooralabama.com

Have fun,

Miller

Reply to: Tusumbia and Shoals Area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tuscumbia
Recent Conversations