We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas station near airport?

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
197 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Gas station near airport?

This is our 5th trip in the last year to CR and have not been able to find a gas station near the airport that is easy to access before returning our rental car. We get off Autopista del Sol at the Coyol exit and go the airport a back way that drops us off at the circle behind the airport. We have been driving all the way into Aleguela to a Shell Station, but it adds almost 30 minutes to our trip. Does anyone know of one near the Hampton Inn area?

Allison Park...
Level Contributor
10 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gas station near airport?

There's a Delta Station on Rt 3 between the airport & downtown Alejuela. This is about a mile west of the Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn Express, & Rt 3 is the road that runs roughly parallel to Rt 1 between Rt 1 & these hotels. But beware! Both times we used this station, the receipt showed 10,000 colones more than the pump; they were quick to give us the 10,000 colones in cash. So, check your receipt, & call them on any discrepancy.

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
591 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gas station near airport?

The only times I've had issues with gas stations is when they are busy. One by the shopping mall by the airport (Feb. 2011) and one near the car rental places. Both times they acted like they made an honest mistake, neither were. Multiple other times at other gas stations I've never had a problem (either with a car or ATV).

Usually I just take buses or shuttles, but I always try to pay attention when I do rent and need gas.

Gary

13. Re: Gas station near airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 05:17