We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near Zoo Ave

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near Zoo Ave

Zoo Ave sounds like a nice little outing for our last day in CR. Which hotels are nearby? I've found out that Adventure Inn isn't, and Martino and Villa Dolce are.....any others?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near Zoo Ave

Adventure Inn is not close - it is on the other side of the airport from Zoo Ave. Martino, yes. But your best bet would be La Rosa de America. Very close to Zoo Ave, beautiful gardens, nice rooms, great breakfast.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,308 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near Zoo Ave

Dear momoof 2 from Toronto

Martino is the closest one!!

DRIVING DIRECTIONS to Resort Martino Costa Rica

The Resort is located in the Central Valley, in front of Zoo Ave in La Garita,

Alajuela, Costa Rica

Only 15 minutes from the Internation Airport SJO

Rosa de America is a small place......Martino is lot bigger...

roadadvisor

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near Zoo Ave

Thanks Hattie. I've tried to look up Rosa de America but their website keeps getting blocked and labelled unsafe by my computer so I'm having to look elsewhere. Any more thoughts?

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near Zoo Ave

Oh, thanks to you too Roadadvisor! Our posts crossed in the air:)

As I've been planning this trip I've loved reading all the many suggestions from you two and the other regulars. Appreciate all the advice - thanks.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,360 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near Zoo Ave

Orquideas Inn is very close if you have a rental car. Maybe 5 minutes away.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,308 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near Zoo Ave

Dear momof 2 ...

I´m the pop of 2 from SJO...and they love the Zoo Ave...even that I´m not crazy about ZOO´s but still is a nice concept...trust me..your kids are going to have a great time there!

Not that close locate at Tambor de Alajuela about 30 minutes is XANDARY Plantation ...check the place...is nice...I know you did not ask for places that far from ZOO AVE ...but just another idea...and a great place..incredible views!

Roadadvisor

Edited: 12 November 2011, 01:12
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near Zoo Ave

momof2: I see that also! I don't understand that - I have stayed at La Rosa de America and used their website before so perhaps they are having problems with it now.

Anyway, you can look at it through Expedia -- here expedia.com/San-Jose-Hotels-Hotel-La-Rosa-De…

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels near Zoo Ave

I will 'second' the vote for Orquideas Inn. My favorite! But oadadvisor says, Martino is closer. Have not stayed there, but have been to the restaurant a couple times. It's very nice!

9. Re: hotels near Zoo Ave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 05:16