We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much time in each area?

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
186 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
how much time in each area?

well, thanks to all the great advice we have received on TA, my boyfriend and I have decided to stay in both arenal and flamingo areas for our vacation. I'm just curious how much time to spend in each area. I was originally thinking 3 nights in arenal and 5 in flamingo, but i'm wondering if this gives us enough beach time. if we only stay 2 nights in arenal, however, it would really only give us 1.5 days to really do anything (given travel travel times and the fact that i really don't want to feel "rushed" on vacation) Will we need more time than that to enjoy all arenal has to offer? we don't plan on doing tons of activities, but maybe some hikes and stuff. is there anything other sites we should see while in that area besides arenal? we will have a car and don't mind driving.

1. Re: how much time in each area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 February 2012, 13:36
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how much time in each area?

Another vote for 3 nights in Arenal and 5 at Flamingo

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much time in each area?

We usually do 4 nights in the Arenal area, but we love to do tons of adventure activities and hiking. 3 nights is fine too if you don't want to try to see and do everything. 2 nights would be too short for me; as soon as you get there, you'd have to head somewhere else. Arenal has natural hot springs, the waterfall, Hanging Bridges, river floats, rafting, ziplines, the lake, Cano Negro tour - lots to choose from.

Alajuela
Destination Expert
for Alajuela
Level Contributor
329 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much time in each area?

Come on back one day and spend more time . . . but you have enough time to see both . . .

Arenal itself has fallen asleep so you don't really "do Arenal" but the whole area is a wonderful natural playground . . . in particular do not miss the often missed Cano Negro, one of the most wildlife diverse areas in Costa Rica. Find a tour or stuff a guide in your rentacar and spend the day up there exploring.

Beaches are, well beaches.

IMHO, Berni

Alajuela

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much time in each area?

Desafio and Sunset Tours are both great tour operators in the area if you want to explore their websites.

Alajuela
Destination Expert
for Alajuela
Level Contributor
329 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how much time in each area?

Well I digress and want to contradict my last posting.

We stopped in last night at a "beach" . . . at Ylang Ylang in Montezuma on the southern Nicoya peninsula.

I take it back "beaches are not all just beaches". This place is a delight!

Berni

7. Re: how much time in each area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 10:20