We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First night - Casa Marin or Adventure Inn?

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
168 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
First night - Casa Marin or Adventure Inn?

We will be arriving at SJO early afternoon on June 12. I have narrowed our first night stay in Costa Rica to two places - Casa Marin B & B or Adventure Inn - before heading to Arenal area the next morning. Anyone have thoughts on these two places or suggestions on another? We would like the place to have a pool for the kids, free breakfast and transportation from the airport.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First night - Casa Marin or Adventure Inn?

Frankly, I would look at La Rosa de America. They have a great family room, excellent pool and on-site restaurant. Plus - really easy to get to and "on the way" to the Arenal area. Breakfast is included - but not transportation. However, with the very reasonable prices, this isn't an issue really.

If you stay at Casa Marin, which looks very nice, it will be more difficult to get back to Highway 1 for your journey to Arenal. Adventure Inn is about halfway between SJO and San Jose (very close to an 8-lane highway) and so you will be backtracking to get to Arenal from there.

La Rosa de American is comfortable and in a quiet area with nice grounds.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
168 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First night - Casa Marin or Adventure Inn?

I couldn't remember why I had crossed La Rosa off my list, so I looked it up again. We need a room to accommodate 4 people and according to their website their rooms will only sleep 3.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
168 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First night - Casa Marin or Adventure Inn?

Oops. I just looked at their website again and saw a section of rooms that I didn't see before - which includes a family suite. Thanks, Hattie, for giving me another place to consider.

4. Re: First night - Casa Marin or Adventure Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 06:17