We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

Bend, Oregon
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

My friend and I will be visiting El Castillo/La Fortuna in November and we are looking for a hotel near the La Fortuna Alamo Rental Car Office for 1 night. Any recommendations? Mid Range and clean are the priorities! Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Fortuna
Hotel La Fortuna
548 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna...
64 Reviews
from US$137.00*
Free Cancellation
Arenal Volcano and Tabacón Hot...
104 Reviews
from US$156.00*
Free Cancellation
Full Day Class II-III Rafting and...
28 Reviews
from US$110.00*
Free Cancellation
11 replies to this topic
Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

A little confused here...why do you have to be near Alamo Rental office? Do they not deliver cars to the hotel of your choice? Perhaps look for a rental company that will drop a car off to any hotel in the area. What am I missing?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

I agree. You don't need to be walking distance to the church. There are many nice hotels within a ten minute drive from that area. Every place I've stayed is clean. How do you define "mid range"?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

El Castillo is quite a distance from La Fortuna town center. Distance in time, not necessarily kilometers. The road from El Castillo to the highway 142 (?) is gravel and slow going..

Linda Vista on El Castillo road is nice..... pretty much in El Castillo

Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna is nice

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Fortuna
Hotel La Fortuna
548 Reviews
Bend, Oregon
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

We are returning the car and only need a place within walking distance of the office for one night. They may offer us a ride to the hotel but just in case they don't we need to be close.

Bend, Oregon
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

WE are staying at Linda Vista for 3 nights before we stay a night in La Fortuna so good to know. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Fortuna
Hotel La Fortuna
548 Reviews
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

Unless you want to spend less than $80/ night, I would not recommend any place within walking distance. Most of the lodging in town seems to be hostels.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,817 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

La Fortuna Hotel…is right on town…and others just across the street from ALAMO..I believe is call La Fortuna downtown hotel…

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Fortuna
Hotel La Fortuna
548 Reviews
8. Re: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2017, 12:56

Bedford, Virginia
Level Contributor
490 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

We did the same thing a few years ago. Stayed at Hotel San Bosco. The best breakfast I've ever had in Costa Rica. They are also the sister hotel to the Volcano Lodge and let us use the hot springs there for free.

Mentioned in this post
San Bosco Inn
San Bosco Inn
729 Reviews
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Bend, Oregon
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, tips, etc. I have another question I could use some help with:

Has anyone taken the directo bus from la Fortuna to Montezuma on the Nicoya Peninsula? Did you go through San Jose and was that relatively straight forward as far as changing stations, buses, timing of the ferry, etc. It doesn't seem that difficult as long as there is not alot of changing stations, the times align with the ferry schedule and all that. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Fortuna
Hotel La Fortuna
548 Reviews
Montezuma
Montezuma
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Reply to: Recommedation for hotel near catholic church