We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The springs resort and spa

Pleasanton, CA
Level Contributor
139 posts
36 reviews
The springs resort and spa

Hi,

We will be in Arenal area from Dec 26th to Dec 29th. Wanted to visit a hot springs spa, but the main ones like Tabacon and Eco Tamales are all booked up. Ideally wanted to do the spa in the afternoon after hiking / zip lining activity.

The springs resort and spa has availability - They are charging $65 / person /day. And an additional $30 for dinner. We are pretty sure we will get hungry by evening - Only question is if the food at the resort is good and worth $30?

Any comments?

12 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: The springs resort and spa

Their food is generic and nicely presented. It's fine it just doesn't seem right for Costa Rica. We've dined there a few times; sometimes there's a buffet and sometimes you order from a menu. It must depend on how many overnight guests they're feeding?

About a decade ago, the day pass there was $50 and included dinner. Oh well.

If you get to The Springs early enough, you can leave and have a nice Tico dinner at a soda on the way back to where you're staying. As beautiful as the property is, a lot of people can't soak and wander for more than a few hours.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: The springs resort and spa

I think $30 is fairly typical price for tourist resort buffet. Is it worth it? Depends on you. For me, it would not be because I don't eat so much that would make it worth it for me, but the food is decent.....again, typical for resort buffet.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,000 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: The springs resort and spa

No way Jose that is about 16.000 colones way to much…and food there is horrible …good presentation yes but you do not eat the presentation.

Also take in consideration than some of the money you are paying is to keep running the NATIONAL JAIL for poor orphan animals…they run a very sad group of poor animals…sentenced to life behind baRS…CRIME! to be a wild animal….the owners will laugh all the way to the bank getting fat and the animals getting skinny and sick sometimes…

Maybe you can give us here at the forum the day you will like to visit Eco Termales…we can check ...

roadadvisor

Edited: 06 December 2017, 19:12
Pleasanton, CA
Level Contributor
139 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: The springs resort and spa

Hi

As mentioned in my original post, we will be in Arenal from 26th to 29th December. If eco thermales is available, then it would be wonderful

Please check through your channels and let us know

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: The springs resort and spa

It's easy enough to go to the Ecotermales website and make reservations. Nobody needs to help with that.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,000 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: The springs resort and spa

During Peak season…the people at many reservations centers are way to busy…nice to contact them directly….

roadadvisor

Pleasanton, CA
Level Contributor
139 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: The springs resort and spa

Wow. Thanks for this wonderful tip. Did you read my origins post and the follow ups from fellow TAs?

If you have nothing to contribute, you have the option of keeping quiet.

Pleasanton, CA
Level Contributor
139 posts
36 reviews
8. Re: The springs resort and spa

My earlier response was to mim daisy

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,000 posts
42 reviews
9. Re: The springs resort and spa

We called ECO TERMALES the price is $ 57.00 entrance fee and lunch any of the days that you wanted they have speace available at 10am…ONLY the rest of the day they are solid booked…

You see is nice to talk directly to them.

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,000 posts
42 reviews
10. Re: The springs resort and spa

Thank you for the clarification…Im just trying to help…

roadadvisor

Reply to: The springs resort and spa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...