We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather?

Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Current weather?

We are supposed to come to Costa Rica tomorrow through the 19th. We will be going to La Fortuna, Monteverde, Arenal and Manuel Antonio. I saw that there was very recently flash flood's and high winds which caused some devastation in the country. Should we be concerned about this at all? We still have the option to reschedule the trip if need be. We will be renting a car and doing the driving ourselves if that makes a difference.

4 replies to this topic
Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,238 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Current weather?

You should be fine on that trip. There was some wind damage in certain areas but most of the country is doing peachy. Where I am in the valley it has been a lot chillier than usual, we had some wind but that has already moved out. IMO I think you would be fine.

Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
2. Re: Current weather?

Is there a risk of landslides? I saw that it's supposed to be heavy rains and winds through next week, are you seeing that where you are?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,238 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Current weather?

There have been some issues in the Limon area but the winds seem to have already subsided. IMO your trip will be fine. No rain today where I am, just overcast, no wind, quiet as can be.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,868 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Current weather?

I just arrive in SJO from La Fortuna,,spend the night there yesterday….exactly as mentioned by INCA…but not heavy rain…little cold…

roadadvisor

Reply to: Current weather?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...