We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Sea fishing-either coast

Brooklyn NY
7 posts
Save Topic
Deep Sea fishing-either coast

Hey everybody. Looking to go to Costa for the month of January. Wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for deep sea fishing. Never been, travel buddies have though not in Costa Rica. Has anyone been? Also looking to see if anyone would be interested in joining us/splitting the cost!

Cheers!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Sea fishing-either coast

January is a great month to visit Tamarindo Beach. We are on the northwestern coast of Costa Rica and have many sportfishing boats parked right in the bay. Here is an orientation link to sportfishing in our area:

tamarindocosta-rica.com/activities/sportfish…

Especially lately, there have more people sharing the cost of transportation, fishing, etc. It is totally not unusual for our local tour operators to try and combine trips and give a discount. You can ask the hotel or tour operator, or for that matter the boat owners themselves.

Once in town, you can make personal visits to the tour desks and walk around. Everything is within walking distance in Tamarindo. Also, good luck finding someone on-line.

January is high-season, so you should book early.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,952 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Sea fishing-either coast

If you are planning to fish around Tamarindo...you can contact Randy Wilson...at Sport Fishing Tamarindo...he is probably the best captain in the area...I fish with him several times...he is the best!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep Sea fishing-either coast

Hi,

Some of the best deep sea fishing is from central pacific area in Quepos and Manuel Antonio. You guys are going to be there at high season and I can guarantee you'll find others to join you!

You'll love it.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
95 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deep Sea fishing-either coast

I would recommend you look at "Costa Rica Dreams Sportfishing" located at the Los Suenos Marina resort.(www.CostaRicaDreams.com) My daughter and I fished here in 2007 and 2008 and had a blast. The first year we caught 5 Pacific sailfish, a 45lb Dorado, and a 350lb Black Marlin.The next year was not quite as spectacular- 2 Pacific sails and a 30lb Dorado- talk about spoiled! We fished aboard the "Golden Rod" a 28" Bertram,but they have both larger and smaller boats to fit your needs. The crews were very professional and conservation minded. They only used circle hooks and released all the fish with the exception of the Dorodo which we shared wih the hotel staff. I have not fished the Atlantic coast,but have gotten first hand reports that the tarpon and snook fishing is world class. Good Fishing!

5. Re: Deep Sea fishing-either coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...