We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arenal Nayara question..please help?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Arenal Nayara question..please help?

Has anyone stayed in Casitas 16 and 17? They are supposedly the only "handicap accessible" ones on the property. From what I understand they are near the pool, which could be a drawback according to some reviewers complaining about noise.

I called the hotel and they told me these casitas have a partial view, how partial is partial? Is it seeing half the volcano or is more like my fiancee holding me as I try to lean over the balcony to catch a glimpse of the volcano? Lol.. Any help on how the view is? We will be staying there 2 weeks so I would like a decent view for my patronage.

Also,we really wanted to book the suites but they were not accessible supposedly, anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arenal Nayara question..please help?

www.arenalnayara.com is a wonderful hotel

pool casitas do not have mch of a view

property itself just has a non-lava view

www.lostiguanaresort.com better lava view

if it is all about the view.

NJ
Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arenal Nayara question..please help?

Well its about the view and accessibility but lost iguana is on a mountain so from the pictures it didn't look too handicap friendly. Any other suggestions for hotels that have a nice view and are wheelchair friendly?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arenal Nayara question..please help?

kp, you're right. We love the Lost Iguana, but it is built on a hillside. They do offer door to door golf cart service for people who want it, but without that, it would be hard to get around.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
63 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arenal Nayara question..please help?

Hello! Stayed at the Hotel Nayara in August. There were definitely ramps and everything would be very accessible to you. My husband and I walked the property and felt like every single room had a fantastic view! They all have large balconies facing the volcano. They all have tons of room inside to move about. The access to the dining area was very good as well. We noticed because the three bunnies hopping around the property used the ramps all the time!

I must also tell you that the staff was so incredibly nice and helpful here that they will work to make your stay perfect. Feel free to contact them if you have questions. They should be very responsive!

Love Nayara and I am sure you will too.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arenal Nayara question..please help?

I already can said that I stayed at Arenal Nayara many times...and in many ocassions we had seen a lot of lava and red rocks...the same situation form the next door hotel Mountain Paradise...if the night is clear and the volcano is going crazy...you will see lava from Arenal Nayara...GUARANTEE!

When I was a kid and with the permission of the owner of that farm where now is Arenal Nayara...his name "Papo" we used to camp...the reason for us to camp there...close to La Fortuna and close enough to the volcano...and to see LAVA!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

6. Re: Arenal Nayara question..please help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 05:18