We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

volvoparts
5 posts
Save Topic
Car rental

Does anyone have any information on Fast Rent A Car? I got their name from someone and I am not sure where their office is located and they want payment upfront, is that normal? Thanks

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

No heard anything positive or negative, usually best to rent from known company such as Alamo.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

Cash up front is not normal never heard of them...

www.mapache.com

www.tricolorcarrental.com

www.servicecarrental.com

my top 3 locals

always pay with CC so no liability.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,077 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental

Haven't heard of them either. Best to stick with the ones repeatedly recommended on here: Budget, Alamo, Dollar, Toyota, etc...

Payment up front is not customary and would immediately raise flags for me.

Edited: 15 December 2009, 19:30
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental

I wonder how fast they are? Money upfront! No way Jose!

As my amigos...I have never heard anything about them...good or bad!

SORRY!

merryxmas

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
144 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental

We are flying into La Fortuna and would like to pick up the car at the airport if possible. We looked at Mapache, which has received good reviews, but we can't tell where they are located. Their live chat site is no longer functioning. Can anyone provide info on how to get from the airport to their location, or whether there are any good car rental services that are located at the airport in La Fortuna? Thanks.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
144 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental

Anyone?

Boston
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental

Heading to SJO Tuesday and friends recommended using Mapache from SJO. Said their prices are competitive but offer great service (multiple rentals). Rented a car (4x4), gps and cell phone package. Will update during trip if the experience aligns with expectations.

Gary

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental

just don't go with Tricolor. we just got back from Costa Rica. we got a horrible car, with dents and cracks in the windows. car from 2003 that you wouldn't drive. this was the only car they had then, and we were pretty much forced to take it. it wasn't comfortable, we felt every bump in the road.

go with another company - maybe Alamo, I heard good things.

I also considered Solid, but they didn't have the car I wanted.

they gave me the best rate.

Dorit

9. Re: Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...