We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night in Arenal

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
122 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
1 night in Arenal

Our family will be renting a car and driving to Puerto Viejo for 6 nights, then we are thinking about going to Arenol on the way back to San Jose. We could leave in the morning and drive there hopefully by mid afternoon. I like the looks of the Ecothermales hot springs. We would spend one night somewhere in the area, and have the next day to enjoy zip lines, canopy tours or whatever. We would head back to San Jose that evening for an early flight the next morning. Does that seem doable? Any suggestions of budget place to stay that will rent for one night?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night in Arenal

100% doable...and great idea...maybe I´m the wrong person to answer your post...since I love to drive...and I do it almost every where around my country!

Some good places and good price to stay...Hotel La Fortuna new hotel...great location ...walking distance to anywhere in town...good views if the volcano is clear...Hotel El Sesteo also good location nice little pool...and good prices...

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
122 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night in Arenal

Thanks Roadadvisor, Just the encouragement I needed. We don't mind driving either, and we can stop along the way to break up the drive ( I think it's about 6 hr). Thanks also for the hotel suggestions. Gives me some good info.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night in Arenal

Hi,

that's a great stop over. I would recommend reserving the eco thermales before getting there. they only allow 100 people at a time and they get booked. So have that done before hand.

i've driven that road in the dark before and it's really not too bad. Also, less traffic.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

4. Re: 1 night in Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 06:18