We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Trip mid June

Coral Gables, FL
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Trip mid June

We will be spending 6 days in Costa Rica this coming June. We are a family of four with 2 kids 12 & 13. Ideally, would like to stay in just one place for the 6 days and do rafting, zip-lining, and horse back riding tour. We want a nice up to date hotel and were thinking of staying in Arenal Nayara vs The Springs. Also, any comments on the weather- we hear lots of rain this time of the year.

Thank you so much.

costa rica
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Trip mid June

June is the beginning of winter (ie rainy season) in Costa Rica. However, the rainiest months are Sept., Oct., and Nov. So you might get lucky. Rain here is comparable to Florida weather... Sunny mornings and rainy afternoons.

I personally wouldn't spend 6 nights in La Fortuna on vacation. I might do 2 nights there and the other 4 at a beach town in Guanacaste.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,438 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Trip mid June

I was reading the other day about some people posting about the bad terrible weather in Arenal...for the month of April...the last few days has been just incredible...clear volcano...nice weather..I keep my idea...the only way to find out about weather is coming ...

And yes I will spend 6 dyas or even more around there...well i spend 5 years of my life living by the volcano...

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Trip mid June

For me the Arenal area is good for about 3 days. It does rain up that way a lot. Always a gamble weather wise by the volcano. Always worth that gamble though. I would also then head to the beach.

I like Nayara over the Springs. The Springs is shiny and new but Nayara has style. Beautifully done hotel.

Cheers

Inca

Coral Gables, FL
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Trip mid June

Thank you for your help

Coral Gables, FL
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Trip mid June

Thank you for your comments.

I look forward to visiting the area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Trip mid June

I don't know about JUNE weather, but we were two weeks in CR (Arenal area for a couple of days) end of May in 2007. I don't recall any rainouts at all. Some clouds obscuring Arenal volcano one evening. That's it. Maybe we just got lucky.

Enjoy!

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice Trip mid June

For that length of time and with 2 kids I would really recommend The Springs Resort! It's amazing. And even if you do get some rain, there are plenty of activities that to do that you won't be as affected.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice Trip mid June

Another consideration is if you are renting a car or taking cabs/tour transport.

Springs resort is a bit out of the ways and will cost additional in transportation if you are not renting a car.

Not exactly sure where Nayara is. I think it's closer to town.

9. Re: Advice Trip mid June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...