We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

Hi there - I have narrowed down my hotel to these two - anyone have any input to help me make my decision? The costs I was quoted are nearly the same. I am leaning towards Silencio b/c of their hot spring, proximity to EcoThermales, and the fact they have a restaurant on-site if we're too beat to take a taxi into town. Anything else I should consider? They both look wonderful.

Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

I have never stayed at Kokoro, but absolutely love Silcencio del Campo. Sounds like you've already done your research and narrowing down part so I'll just put my vote in for SDC. :-)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

Kokoro is a nice palce...run by some incredible nice oriental family ...but I will rather stay at Silencio del Campo!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

Make that 3 votes for Silencio Del Campo

Cheers

Inca

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

Silencio del Campo is a great hotel, I've never used or stayed and know very little about Kokoro. But having hot springs on site is wonderful!!!

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

I have only stayed ot Kokoro and think it is a great option! I definitely prefer the location of Kokoro. A big negative for Silencio del Campo is the HUGE hotel next door. It seems so out of place and takes away from the nature and obstructs the scenery. JMO

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

just wanted to provide an update - we chose silencio and stayed there last month. it was fantastic and i would do it again! kokoro looked great, from what we saw as we traveled by. the hotel that blocks your view at silencio - yeah, that's too bad, but we still had amazing views, amazing service, and loved the amenities and staff. have to write my trip review and report soon :)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

Glad you enjoyed it there. It really is a wonderful place with a super friendly vibe.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Was this your first time to Costa Rica? We went for the first time in March and LOVED it! We are going to go back for 4 to 6 weeks!

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

It was my first time. I adored Costa Rica. I can't wait to go back and explore the places we didn't get to go . . . .

10. Re: Help me decide - Silencio del Campo or Kokoro Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 05:17