We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resturant Suggestions

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Resturant Suggestions

Hi;

We will be in La Fortuna for 3 nights and 4 days.

Can you give me some suggestions on resturants to go to? I'm traveling with a 4 year old so I'm not looking for anything fancy.

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resturant Suggestions

Nice with great menu...Don Rufinos...not fancy but nice.

Nene´s...good to excellent but expensive...not fancy at all..

Soda La Parada...good typical food...good steaks...funny good pizza..good prices...great blended fruit juices..

Lava Lounge...not a big deal...boring food...but some times in not that bad.

Pito Pito...typical food...

Most hotels terrible expensive food and not very good...

roadadvsior

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resturant Suggestions

So many options in La Fortuna. :-) One of our favorites is the Pollo Familia across the street from Musmanni bakery (if you go to Don Rufino's, cross the street in the direction of the gas station and keep walking to the next corner). This place has some of the best chicken around and you can't beat the prices. Also, pick something up at Musmanni while you're there, fresh bread or pastries. Don Rufino's has excellent food but I'm not sure what the children's menu is like (if they have one) so this could get expensive but again....love their food! Another favorite is La Choza de Laurel (on the main road near Burger King)-they have an extensive menu, just about anything you're looking for they have.

If you have any questions about Fortuna feel free to e-mail me and I'll be happy to help! :-)

Wendy at the Villa Hermosa, La Fortuna, CR

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resturant Suggestions

I like the Lava Lounge-good sushi, cocktails, lively bar at night.

4. Re: Resturant Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 06:18