We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tabacon to SJO airport

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
2 posts
Save Topic
Tabacon to SJO airport

We are traveling to CR in a week and will be spending 3 nights at Tabacon. Our return flight is from SJO at 8:00 am - would you guys recommend taking a taxi the night before, or I should be ok if I book a taxi for pick-up at the resort at around 2:30 am ??

FYI - we are traveling with a 1 year old (if that makes a difference to your answer)..

Thanks a ton!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tabacon to SJO airport

We live in La Fortuna and whenever we have an early morning flight out of SJO we spend the night by the airport (Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express are right there-5 minute drive). I would be too stressed out about the driver not showing up or the car breaking down the morning of...better to go the night before in my opinion!

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tabacon to SJO airport

I agree - spend the night before near the airport. You can get a private driver or use a shared van shuttle such as Interbus or Costa Rica shuttle.

I don't like staying at either the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express -- too much "US chain hotel" for me. (Sorry Wendy) I prefer one of the smaller, more Costa Rican hotels nearby.

Some of these are Casa Bella Rita, Casa Antigua, Hotel Los Volcanes, Orquideas Inn or Xandari. Any of these are 15 minutes or less from the airport. Los Volcanes is close to the center of town so you can walk around and do some shopping and banking.

I would never attempt to travel to the airport from the Arenal area for an 8 am flight. Just too wearing for you and the baby. Enjoy the last day of your vacation with a stress-free trip to Alajuela and a pleasant evening.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tabacon to SJO airport

The day before, actually arrange some tours on the way back, like a coffee tour or poas volcano, this way you will know a bit more about the country.

I know a good driver, Don Luis, he can arrange the trasnportation back and some tours along the way . Contact him at eservations@tucanlimoservices.com

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tabacon to SJO airport

Thank you Mr Batalla...nice of you...for recommend my services...

I drive a lot of people at early hours from La Fortuna to SJO all the time...but if you can ...spend the night by the airport...many good places to stay!

roadadvisor

nyc
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tabacon to SJO airport

Thanks for all your suggestions..

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tabacon to SJO airport

You are WELCOME!

roadadvisor

7. Re: Tabacon to SJO airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 09:27