We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Company Recommendations

Coral Springs...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Company Recommendations

Will be in La Fortuna 6/13 and planning on doing some tours. Zip line, hanging bridges, volcano, horseback to waterfall and white water rafting (youngest is 8) Any recommendations on tour companys?

We would prefer to wait until we are there to book tours so we can check the weather first. Has anyone had a problem with tours filling up and not being able to book.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
246 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

Go to www.arenal.net You can get a good feel for what tours are offered and the price. I think you will be fine waiting until you get there as long as you are flexible.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

http://www.jacamartours.com/

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

For me the best in that area is Desafio - http://www.desafiocostarica.com/ they are also rated #1 here on Trip Advisor

Cheers

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

We use DesAfio all the time and our guests RAVE about how great the guides are....we really don't use anybody else anymore! :-) http://www.desafiocostarica.com! :-)

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,438 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

Aventuras Arenal or Desafio...either one great service...a lot of years of experience!

roadadvisor

Ottawa, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

Hi Wendy, roadadvisor,

I have been following the forums lately as I am planning to visit Arenal in August 2011 and have come to appreciate the good advice you give. I am also planning to go on tours with my husband and two boys, ages 8 and 5. I have also heard of the tour company Puretek, which also gets great reviews and was seriously considering them. But I see you didn't mention them in your suggestions above and was wondering why.

Thanks for all your great help! don't know how I would plan a trip today without trip advisor. keep up the good work!

Renee and Alain

Edited: 01 June 2011, 05:19
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

We just returned from a trip to Arenal with our 9 and 10 year old. We went on the Desafio Rio Balsa white water rafting and it was great!! We also did the Sky Adventures Sky Trek zip lining and that was fantastic too. Both companies are very safe, professional, and friendly with the kids. Highly recommend!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,438 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

Hi Bonnie...in my case and with many years living and working as a guide and driver in that part of the country...I can tell you that very few companies today offer better staff than Desafio...I said today...because I have no idea how good they are going to be in the future...

roadadvisor

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

What about recommendations for tour companies that plan your entire vacation/itinerary? Do you suggest any? I have been looking at Pure Trek and Costa Rican Experts and their itineraries look good, but I'm having a hard time making a decision. Thanks!

10. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2011, 12:13
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...