We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyoning/Waterfall Rappelling Tours

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Canyoning/Waterfall Rappelling Tours

My husband and I, along with 3 boys, ages, 13,15,17 are thinking about waterfall rappelling @ Arenal in a few weeks. My boys and me are all in excellent physical shape, but my husband rarely exercises and is slightly overweight. Will this be too strenous for him? we have gone hiking and white water rafting before, just not sure of this since I have no clue what all is involved.

my youngest son and I are afraid of heights but are willing to try and brave it because it looks like so much fun! any advice for those afraid of heights?

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canyoning/Waterfall Rappelling Tours

No-it won't be too strenuous. There is a little bit of walking involved but you're really just going down the entire time...not too strenuous at all. My husband is the same way and this is his favorite thing he's done. :-) No worries!

I'm afraid of heights too but you are 100% safe-there are safety lines, guides on top and below helping you and they're very good at making you feel secure. We use DesAfio-we think they're fantastic so I'd highly recommend them. Don't miss out on this...I do zip lining all the time and after the first one...it's so much easier. :-) Enjoy the thrill!!!

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canyoning/Waterfall Rappelling Tours

Agree with Wendy 100% as usual, spot on.

Cheers

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canyoning/Waterfall Rappelling Tours

Thanks for all your help - I am excited to try it!

4. Re: Canyoning/Waterfall Rappelling Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 08:19