We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ziplines

Boynton Beach...
10 posts
Save Topic
ziplines

We are heading to Arenal tomorrow. I have 2 kids, (5 and 9). Does anyone know or can recommend a company that we could ALL do a zipline? I know my daughter is young, but she will be so upset to realize that she cannot go. Maybe a tandem?

Thanks so much,

Sharon

New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ziplines

At SkyTrek they did a tandem witha young girl (around 8 or 9) when I was there. 5 may be a bit oyung. You really need to talk direct with the company running the programs.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ziplines

I believe your best bets are SkyTrek or EcoGlide:

skyadventures.travel/Arenal_En/Welcome.html

arenalecoglide.com/canopy_tour_arenal_in.html

Definitely call just to double check...usually what they'll do, especially with the youngest, is have them go tandem because they just don't weigh enough to carry them all the way to the end of the cable. :-)

Have fun!

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

Boynton Beach...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ziplines

Thank you so much for the fast responses. I called skytrek and unfortunately they cannot take her. I will call Ecoglide tomorrow. Thank you. To cover our bases we are going to Witch's Rock here in Guanacaste in the morning, they will tandem with her. Thanks so much again.

~Sharon

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,200 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ziplines

Good luck...the best is to have the guides see the kids first...very irresponsible just going by age and weight ..

in my case...I just love my kids way to much...and I will not take any body advice based on age...etc...

roadadvisor.

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ziplines

Watch out with Sky treck a couple of years ago, my wife didn't manage to brake on time the guy in charge of catching people at the end was distracted, she hit him full speed and hit the post with her head, both ended in hospital, she was unconsious for over 12 hours and spent 3 days in hospital. Not sure what happened to the guy. They assumed no liability for the hospital as you sign a disclamer!

They may have implemented new security mesures since then, but no way would I let my kids on Sky Treck or most ziplines. Taking into account that there are no regulating authority for zips. Though there are some that are very reliable.

6. Re: ziplines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...