We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year at the Arenal

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
514 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
New Year at the Arenal

I will be at the Arenal La Fortuna hotel for the New Year. Can anyone tell me where you can enjoy the new year night. I am 64 years old, well traveled, love the latino/spanish music and I do understand very well the language. Traveling alone, any suggestion. I was told the are some discos around but I think is more for the younger.

Any suggestion, I thank you

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year at the Arenal

Hello for the new year eve there are many activities in La Fortuna like (volcan look discoteque now Academia de musica and Herradura discoteque and most of the hotels offers special activities like dinners and fireworks.

But if you want a real tico exprience go to the Surrouding towns like EL TANQUE 10 minutes driving from La Fortuna, CHACHAGUA 20 minutes driving from La Fortuna or the others small village normally they organized parties for the community with real live latino music during all night and is for all ages.

Happy new year...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,200 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year at the Arenal

Dear yorku

Maybe better for you to try some smaller places...the good news is that everywhere is going to be a huge party...

Anywhere you go will be crazy nice crazy of course...!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year at the Arenal

You'll find plenty to do in La Fortuna so don't worry! Just go to the main park and chat with the locals...you'll have a great time! And yes, the discos (El Establo & the Sound Academy) are a very young crowd (I'm 41 and I felt like a grandma there)! :-) If you want something mellow like having a nice dinner then you'd need to make a reservation (like for Don Rufino's for example) but other than that just have fun! :-) Just be careful of all the fireworks!!! :-)

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

White Rock, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year at the Arenal

Gingerbread in Neuvo Arenal has the best parties and food bar none!

5. Re: New Year at the Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...