We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shoping in La Fortuna

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
shoping in La Fortuna

Hi

I will like to know if tehre is groceries store in la fortuna where i can buy some food for sendviches

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shoping in La Fortuna

Dra Majam 1111

YES right acroos from main sqaure...is a nice size Grocery store...Cristian...and they have another on the way to the Volcano...you can buy fresh bake bread at La Musmanni...and a few more bakeries like Vienna next to Burger King...yes Burger King!!

roadadvisor

Pound Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shoping in La Fortuna

My husband and I are traveling to La Fortuna/Arenal this February. (AND ARE REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THE TRIP!!!)

We plan to do the jeep-boat-jeep day trip to Monteverde and would also like to go to Rio Celeste in the morning on the same day we do the Desafio Lava Tour (3:30pm to 9pm) which includes a hike in Arenal Volcano Natl Park, Baldi hot springs and dinner.

Rambling questions: Is this too ambitious for one day? (I am not worried about it being too physical, but just nor sure about timing...) Has anyone driven from La Fortuna to Rio Celeste who could advise how long/difficult the drive is? Also, has anyone done the Rio Celeste hike without a guided tour? We will have a rental SUV, a GPS and are avid hikers.

Thoughts/suggestions? THANKS SO MUCH!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shoping in La Fortuna

@roadadvisor

Burger King? Ugggh.... that's exactly what I'm going to CR to get away from! LOL :)

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: shoping in La Fortuna

Thanks " Roadadvisor"!!!

That is great... and my husband is "burger king kind of guy"...

thanks againg...

We are tight with the money... and my next question is can we just go for walk on trails or it have to be organized......... same question for hanging bridges...and zip lines. Is it les expensive if we drive there.... and pay for enterance.

What we can explore on our own in order to save money....

We will be there 3 nights..in end of january...it is our first time end we are soooo excited.

Thanks again for answering so fast...

Maya

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: shoping in La Fortuna

Check this link with restautant info in la fortuna:

fortunabooking.com/restaurants_in_la_fortuna…

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shoping in La Fortuna

M, we did the Hanging Bridges on our own. It's an easy hike, and you just follow the trails around. If you want to see wildlife though, hiring a guide will up your chances of spotting it.

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: shoping in La Fortuna

is it posible to take a hike on trails of national park on your own.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: shoping in La Fortuna

Yes, just pay the $10 entrance fee you can do it on your own. Aks at the entrance for a map of the trails... is easy..

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shoping in La Fortuna

Dear Maja...

Arenal National park...is a nice park to wlak and hike around...really you do not need a guide...maybe get a information brochure with some of the Park History...

Same with Hanging bridges...or El Silencio ...or La Fortuna Waterfall..you do not need a guide!

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shoping in La Fortuna

Hola!

Super Cristian's are stores, one across from the main square and #4 on the main road to the volcano. You can buy fresh Musmanni bread at #4 now which is very convenient!

You can definitely do Rio Fortuna Waterfall, Hanging Bridges and Arenal National Park OR Silancio de Mirador all by yourself...no worries! I will tell you that hiring a guide for just ONE time will make your experience better....you'll see MUCH more on your own so just keep that in mind! :-)

Yes.....we do have a Burger King (wish we didn't) but it's a great "landmark" since we don't have "addresses" here. :-)

Enjoy!!!

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR