We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and Restaurants - Please advise

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
780 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels and Restaurants - Please advise

I am having a hard time deciding on a hotel in the Arenal Volcano area. I won't be renting a car and want a hotel close to downtown, reasonably priced, quiet, and with a good restaurant. Here are some of the choices.

Volcano Lodge - Looks a bit more remote and quiet but not as fond of their restaurant menu

Arenal Volcano Inn - Like their restaurant menu but hear there is a lot of traffic noise.

Arenal Manao - Looks beautiful but I hear you will hear your neighbors and I can't get their restaurant menu online

Hotel Mountain Paradise - Looks incredible but restaurant menu is very pricey.

Can someone please comment on any of these places and offer other suggestions that you may have based on what I'm looking for. Also is there a website with restauant links in the Arenal area. It is not always easy to find their menus.

Thanks in advance.

travelus73

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels and Restaurants - Please advise

All of the hotels you listed are nice options, but located approximately 4-5 kms out of town. If you are comfortable with that area (which really is not that far in terms of a cab), I would add Arenal Springs Resort to the list as they have a new hot springs section.

If you are looking for something closer to town, I would recommend Silencio del Campo. It is quiet and they have a hot spring pool. They do have a restaurant, but not sure how the food is.

My top 3 restaurant picks in Fortuna are:

Don Rufino - center of town

Que Rico - at Arenal Volcano Inn

Altamira - at Arenal Nayara

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,300 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels and Restaurants - Please advise

We like Don Rufino and Altamira as well. Also La Choza de Laurel; Soda la Parada is good if you want something cheap. I know Don Rufino has a website that lists their menu.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels and Restaurants - Please advise

Los Lagos Hotel can be a great option as well...for good food...Perla´s restaurant and Nene´s two great places...

Mountain Paradise you are correct incredible expensive and the food nothing special...just food!

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels and Restaurants - Please advise

Hello, check this link with restaurants infor and price range in la fortuna:

fortunabooking.com/restaurants_in_la_fortuna…

5. Re: Hotels and Restaurants - Please advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2012, 17:38
La Fortuna
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels and Restaurants - Please advise

Have you considered a rental casita as opposed to a hotel? This option would give you absolute privacy, a lovely home, swimming pool, and terrific view of the volcano. And just a short one kilometer walk to town. Please advise if you would like more information.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels and Restaurants - Please advise

Rufinos is a good restaurant in Fortuna downtown. For lodging, a private rustic cabins is Hotel Lomas del Volcan, or more luxury can be Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens . A middle option could be Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa.

Edited: 01 April 2012, 05:46
8. Re: Hotels and Restaurants - Please advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:40