We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel thermal pool, dipping in after 10PM?

New York City
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel thermal pool, dipping in after 10PM?

Has anyone stayed at Silencio or Tabacon or hotels outside of Baldi with thermal pools. I've called them all and they say the thermal pools close at 10PM. But does management care if guests of the hotel hop in for a late night dip if they are quiet about it?

Mentioned in this post
Tabacon Hot Springs
Tabacon Hot Springs
4,127 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
#2 of 58 hotels in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Hotel El Silencio del Campo
Hotel El Silencio del Campo
#5 of 58 hotels in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Princesa de la Luna Eco Lodge
Princesa de la Luna Eco Lodge
#7 of 58 hotels in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
10,536 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel thermal pool, dipping in after 10PM?

The Tabacon hot springs are across the road from the hotel and are fenced in. If they say they're closed at 10 PM, I very much doubt that you can sneak in. Can't speak to Silencio's policy.

Mentioned in this post
Tabacon Hot Springs
Tabacon Hot Springs
4,127 Reviews
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel thermal pool, dipping in after 10PM?

We recently stayed at Silencio del Campo and LOVED it. I will post a trip report soon...when we were there the scene at the thermal pool was very low key. I have the impression you could slip into the pool quietly after hours. It is a beautiful place!

Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel thermal pool, dipping in after 10PM?

They are pretty strict at Tabacon. The back area is very dark with slippery rocks in some pools. I don't think you'd want to be there alone.

Mentioned in this post
Tabacon Hot Springs
Tabacon Hot Springs
4,127 Reviews
CALI
Level Contributor
475 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel thermal pool, dipping in after 10PM?

Thermal springs are not just springs in the ground near the volcano, they are really pools buiit by the hotels, owned by the hotels, and near the lobby of the hotels. To get to many of these hotels, you need to go thru a gate with security. Each hotel is about 1/2 - 1 mile from each other unless you are in town and the hotels in town do not have hot springs

We were in Los Lagos and Baldi Springs, and they were really just hotel pools and hotel whirlpools at different tempatures and sizes. Someone correct me if my observations were wrong

5. Re: Hotel thermal pool, dipping in after 10PM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:38