We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours

Ansonia, Connecticut
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tours

I am planning on participating in several excursions while I am in Arenal in August. I would like to rappel, zipline, hike the volcano/waterfall and rio celeste, and visit a place where I can see wildlife (cano negro raft trip perhaps).

Does anyone have suggestions of "not to miss" excursions or ones to stay away from?? Please send any suggestions my way! Thank you!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours

Some of our favorite things are ziplining at Sky Trek - some of the longest highest lines in the country, and the views are amazing, hiking at the waterfall (you can swim in the river there if you want to), and doing the Cano Negro tour with Sunset Tours to see wildlife. Cano Negro isn't a raft trip though, it's a boat trip - a fairly nice big covered boat. If you want a raft trip, the Penas Blancas river float is good too. If you have enough time, the Hanging Bridges is a pretty hike as well. Don't forget about the hot springs - we like Tabacon and Eco Termales. It's nice to go in the evening when the weather has cooled off; that way you can leave the day free for other activities. If you want a day that's more low key, visiting the Proyecto Asis animal rescue center is really cool; you can feed monkeys and sloths and get closer to the wildlife there. Both Desafio and Sunset Tours are good tour companies in the area.

Ansonia, Connecticut
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours

Thank you so much! This is very helpful! I haven't heard of Proyecto Asis...that sounds like a great trip. Thanks again!

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours

We did a lot of things while in Arenal. My best one was the La Fortuna waterfall. The setting is like in movies, and it was very amazing. Budget plenty of time to enjoy the swim and the scenery.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours

Take a look here: www.ruralcostarica.com A great organization that does some really interesting things.

5. Re: Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:42
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...