We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Tubing at Club Rio

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
River Tubing at Club Rio

I would like to know if you anyone has done the river tubing at Club Rio at the Springs Resert. We enjoy tubing and are thinking about doing this activity. Is this recommended?

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River Tubing at Club Rio

I have not tubed on the tour organized at Club Rio, but have rafted through the same section of the Rio Arenal. The scenery is breathtaking and it's a lot of fun in the green season when the water levels are higher. Not many people are fortunate enough to see this part of the Arenal area, even though it is one of the nicest places. I would say go for it if you are interested.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River Tubing at Club Rio

I think it's a fairly new activity. We haven't done it, but it looks like a lot of fun. If you go, please report back on how it was. The resort gets raves so I would expect it to be a first class operation.

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: River Tubing at Club Rio

We are going to do this activity!

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River Tubing at Club Rio

We just did this activity earlier this month. The scenery is beautiful and the tubing was fun. There were some exciting parts and other parts were pretty and relaxing. Our guide found a turtle for us to look at. Have you been tubing before? We had been on the Rio Negro by Rincon de la Vieja earlier that week. The Club Rio was definitely slower.

I'll keep posting info from our recent trip to try to be helpful. Have fun!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: River Tubing at Club Rio

Thank you florida1, it sounds like fun.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: River Tubing at Club Rio

Is this done on a natural area of the river or a man made area? We love tubing.

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: River Tubing at Club Rio

The area where you tube looked pretty natural to me. Some areas are less natural; for example, hot springs where you see pipes or handrails made of plastic (or something) intended to look like wood. I wish I would have checked my watch. The tubing was not lengthy and not any kind of extreme adrenaline. They allowed us to go twice. You might also want to consider bug spray or sunscreen. The only sunscreen I know of that also has bug spray in it is Bull Frog, and it is not waterproof. I used waterproof sunscreen on my arms, and bug spray on my legs when walking around the area. The monkey cages were pretty buggy, but it was fun to see them.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: River Tubing at Club Rio

The area on the river itself is natural. Fortunately CR has strict laws prohibiting building within 50 meters of a river.

9. Re: River Tubing at Club Rio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:41