My wife and I are going to be celebrating our 1 year anniversary in October and we're looking to plan a trip to Costa Rica to celebrate! Originally we were planning on spending a week at the Westin Playa Conchal, however, I heard that it might be too long there, so we're looking into opportunities to break the trip up to possibly include the Arenal area as well, possibly staying at Nayara Hotel. I have several questions about this:
1. Of the hotels in Arenal, is Nayara the best one for an anniversary trip?
2. If we were to split it up so that we stay at both Playa Conchal and Arenal, I think that we'd want to do Arenal first...would you recommend 3 nights in Arenal and 4 nights in Playa Conchal, or vice versa?
3. Which airports are the best to fly to/from for each respective hotel?
4. What is the best way to get from Arenal to Playa Conchal?
5. Are there any absolute must do activities in each area? Any great tours near the volcano area? Which area has the best ziplining? Any tour groups that you can recommend in each area to set up an activity with?
My apologies if a lot of these questions have been answered before...I'm very new to Costa Rica and any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks in advance for your time!!