We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ecotermales or Tabacon

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ecotermales or Tabacon

We will be in CR in early August. We will be traveling with our boys ages 9 & 11. Which would you recommend??We want to go at night after a hike and enjoy the springs with dinner.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ecotermales or Tabacon

Both are nice, so you cannot go wrong with either option. Ecotermales is smaller and run by a local Costa Rican family. They only allow 100 guests per night, so if you want to go there, you should have advance reservations.

Tabacon is a larger resort with a more natural feel. There will be a lot more people there, but you can almost always find a secluded spot.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ecotermales or Tabacon

Looked at the pricing and for our family of four the price is the same at Ecoterm ales vs. Tabacon. I realize we need to make reservations before at Eco and thats no problem since I am booking way ahead of time. I have read that many say Eco is a good choice and not as expensive as Tabacon but actually for us Tabacon has a really good price for children so it works out to the same price.

So if price equal would you still do Ecotermales as opposed to Tabacon??

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ecotermales or Tabacon

I like Tabacon simply for the number of pools and different temperature waters you get. I think Eco only has like 4 pools, Tabacon has a lot more. I like going from one temperature to another so my vote goes with Tabacon.

Food is better at Eco though, but that's not really why you go...

Cheers

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ecotermales or Tabacon

I'm with Incabod on Tabacon. I like that you can find your own spot away from the crowd.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,653 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ecotermales or Tabacon

I like to recommend Eco Termales ....but if you have the money TABACON is really nice...I like Ecotermales because is a kind of family place...the pools they offer different temperature...they offer the honor system to pay for your drinks...TABACON everything is way to expensive...

But for sure yu will have a great time aeither one!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ecotermales or Tabacon

Tabacon would be a better choice for your family, as they are bigger, with more pools and it is more deluxe. You might also want to check the Hot Springs at The Springs Resort and spa, it is more deluxe, now they have the Rio club with additional activities your family might enjoy such as Tubing, horseback, the cat tour etc.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ecotermales or Tabacon

both are good options , I like Tabacon better, but it is more expensive, Eco termales is nice too

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ecotermales or Tabacon

Does anyone know if the drinks (non alcoholic) like soda are included with the dinner package or are all drinks extra?

9. Re: Ecotermales or Tabacon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:15