We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to I get to Nayara Hotel from San Jose??

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to I get to Nayara Hotel from San Jose??

Hello,

I arrive at San Jose airport at 10:15 am and I would like to fly into Arenal, however i only see Natural Air flights. Is there another airline that goes to Arenal. I really don't want to drive from San Jose to Nayara hotel. I heard the trip isn't very pleasant for people who get car sick.

Thanks for the help : )

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,281 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to I get to Nayara Hotel from San Jose??

To bad you get car sick...it is a great ride...but you are correct the road between San Ramon and Bajo de los Rodriguez really can make you sick...or from Naranjo to Ciudada Quesada...the tow section up and downs and curvy...sorry!

In your case Pavas airport and nature Air which is about 30 minutes ride from SJO is waiting for you!

Please enjoy our country as we natives do! PURA VIDA!

roadadvisor

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to I get to Nayara Hotel from San Jose??

Nature Air has one flight a day from Pavas airport in San Jose into LaFortuna (Arenal) departing at 11:10 AM daily in May, June, July, August and November or, if you will be flying in September or October, it leaves at 11:20 AM. Your problem is that Nature Air is the only airlines that flies into Arenal and there's no way you can make it through customs, claim your bags and make it to Pavas airport 20-30 minutes away in time to check in for that flight.

I don't think the road is so bad as it is generally well-paved and very scenic. I suggest you hire a driver and let him know you want to make a couple of stops including lunch en route.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How to I get to Nayara Hotel from San Jose??

Hello,

Thanks so the information, it was very helpful. Do you have any drivers/ companies that you would happen to recommend? Also, what is the rate for a private driver from San Jose to Nayara Hotel?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to I get to Nayara Hotel from San Jose??

Here is a list as posted on TA, you should be able to get an exact quote through email. There are also other transport options for consideration as well, tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g291982-c109576/Costa-… Have a safe holiday.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to I get to Nayara Hotel from San Jose??

Nature air is the only local airline with scheduled flights to La Fortuna (Arenal). The other option for flying would be a private charter plane but it is expensive. Check with a few drivers on the link that Cajon Traveler provided above, make sure stops on the way and lunch stops are included in the rates. (They should be done as a courtesy)

Florida
Level Contributor
105 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to I get to Nayara Hotel from San Jose??

We rode with Tucan Limo from the airport to Nayara (and back) earlier this month. Their vehicles were in great shape and the drivers made the ride as smooth as possible. The road does wind through the mountains. Not alot of hairpin turns, and the roads are in pretty good shape. Early in the morning the visibility can be bad. There are a few single lane bridges, as I recall. I am prone to motion sickness, but took a Dramamine and was fine. None of our group of nine got sick either way. The drive is beautiful and interesting. The drivers will stop along the way for you to stretch and get some air...just ask. Some places may charge you a buck or two to use the restroom...only fair. Have fun! The trip is well worth it!

7. Re: How to I get to Nayara Hotel from San Jose??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2012, 23:06
8. Re: How to I get to Nayara Hotel from San Jose??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 20:15