We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about interbus please

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about interbus please

1. How reliable is Interbus,? that is- if you buy a ticket on the interbus internet web site, for say la fortuna to tamarindo and you buy it a month in advance, does interbus "keep up with " your reservation and show up at your hotel?

2. if you were in La Fortuna several days before the bus ticket is there an interbus place to go to and confirm the reservation? or is that not needed?

3. I think they have an 8am bus and a 1400 bus.

and if they did not show can you hire a car in La fortuna to take you to Tamarindo?

thoughts?

Midwest
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about interbus please

Hi

I've used Interbus for the past couple of years and have not had any problems. The vans are clean, A/C, good drivers. They stop at least once (my route has always been from San Jose to Puerto Viejo). Venturing this year to Quepos and Arenal before Puerto Viejo.

I have not booked my tickets directly with them, but have gone through Gecko Trail Adventures (geckotrail.com) to book them. They have a nice transportation matrix that gives you a good idea or different ways to move around CR.

Not to say the Interbus website isn't reliable, just what I have done.

I've never had to reconfirm the reservations.

Have a great trip!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about interbus please

anyone else?

is there an interbus "bus station" in la fortune where you could check that your reservation is confirmed or is that not needed.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,300 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about interbus please

I've always heard good reviews about them, but if they didn't show up for some reason you could ask your hotel about getting a private driver. We always reserve drivers through our hotels when we book them. Most of them would offer that service.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,244 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about interbus please

Honestly I have had never hear about Interbus...not delivering the services...they are good people...and they will pick you up without charge at most central located hotels around La Fortuna..

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about interbus please

Most of the hotels in La Fortuna will be able to make your booking for you and arrange where and when you are picked up - they don't stop at all hotels. They are reliable and I haven't heard of any problems with this service.

Samara
Level Contributor
825 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about interbus please

Not sure if there is an actual Interbus office. I think they mostly give representation to agencies in the area. As Sara F suggested, most hotels will be able to call and confirm your reservation. They should have also sent you a confirmation with your ticket info and cancellation policy.

Have fun!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,244 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about interbus please

Yes you are correct...in most areas they do not have an office...just meeting places...and it works great so far!

roadadvisor

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about interbus please

thanks, I think I have solved it- Their e mail people said to just call them to confirm it a few days before.

I will do that. Simple!

I have not read any complaints about interbus either.

Thanks for all the help!

Annapolis...
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about interbus please

Interbus is a great company. No problems when we used them last winter. You can have your hotel call them for you the day before you leave. Cheap, reliable and safe.

Edited: 02 October 2012, 18:01
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions about interbus please

I worked it out with them by e mail and fax.

Their web site is down a lot! Do they not have a good IT company in San Jose?

Their live chat does not work ever!

And sometimes you get an e mail response, but a few have gone missing.

But I got it fixed, yes I have heard also they give good service, thanks to everyone!