We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

Miami
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

Hello We are two adults in our 50,s travelling with 1 21 year old and two 20 year olds. I am worried about Honeymooners and fun. Any comments?

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

leaves and lizards is very highly rated but it is quite isolated. there is a newish road from ll to the main road that goes through la fortuna and arenal but it is slow and very lumpy. your young adults might prefer silencio because it's closer to all the nightlife in la fortuna.

Miami
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

Thank you. This trip really is all about them so I appreciate your imput.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

Silencio always gets nice reviews, and they have hot springs so that would be my pick. Better location like sonny mentioned too.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

L&L is about 20-25 minutes out of town on a rough road, so you would be isolated there. You would also likely have to pay extra money to tour operators to pick you up unless you drive to and from town every time.

Silencio del Campo is closer to town, has hot springs, good volcano view and a nice staff. This would be my choice between the two. There are also plenty of other nice hotels in the area such as Arenal Springs, Mountain Paradise and Lost Iguana (the last is also located out of town, but on a paved road).

Miami
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

Thank you.

Miami
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

Thanks

Miami
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

I plan to head down to Cala Luna in Tamarindo Beach after Arenal. Is this a good area? The Nicoya Peninsula has so much to offer, its hard to pick the right beach to go to. We did the Manuel Antonio area on a previous trip.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

Great choice, Cala Luna is a nice hotel. Tamarindo has good beaches and plenty to do. Keep in mind there will not be a lot of wildlife there and no jungle.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
129 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

If you like horseback riding, we had the most amazing ride at Leaves and Lizards-- we didn't have to stay there to book the ride. We rode through the countryside on beautiful, well-cared for horses with a terrific guide. because we have some experience, we were able to do lots of trotting and galloping through the fields. Just gorgeous views too and not a soul in sight. But we were glad that we stayed at Lose Iguana-- we found Leaves & Lizards too isolated, plus we loved the pool and spa at Lost Iguana.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaves and Lizards or El Silencio del Campo?

LL is a great place if you like the ranch kind of feeling...

Great ide to drive to Tamarindo...and Cala Luna is a great place!

roadadvisor

Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...