We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend two and 1/2 days in la fortunate

USA
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
How to spend two and 1/2 days in la fortunate

Our first trip to CR and we are really looking forward to it. After flying into SJ and staying the night we will take our rental car to La Fortuna. We plan to leave early so hope to have a half day for activities the day of our arrival. Staying at Montana de Fuego. My initial thoughts are a day trip to Cano Negro, perhaps the Skytrek (minus the zip line part) and a volcan hike and/ or tabacon hot springs. Does this seem doable in two and one/half days?

We are very interested in hanging bridges. A better approach than Skytrek?

Thank you so much for comments.

USA
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to spend two and 1/2 days in la fortunate

My apologies for the misspelling. My computer auto-corrected from Fortuna to fortunate.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,765 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to spend two and 1/2 days in la fortunate

Yes it is doable...even better like in your case that you have your own vehicle...you will save money and time...

roadadvisor

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to spend two and 1/2 days in la fortunate

Hi Marta, I learned by posting in the forum previously that Sky Trek actually has some hanging bridges there as well - seeing those ones while you're doing the other things could save you some time and $$.

It sounds like we like the same things! :-) My hub and I have planned a one-day packed with Sky Trek (full thing), then some hiking, and ending with a visit to Eco Thermales. I am hopeful we won't be too exhausted....but logistically it's possible if you start very early.

4. Re: How to spend two and 1/2 days in la fortunate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...