We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Agency in La Fortuna

M S
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Agency in La Fortuna

Can anyone please recommend a rental agency in La Forturna . We plan to take a private car from San Jose to La fortuna then rent a car in La fortuna for a few days.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Agency in La Fortuna

Not wishing to interfere with your plans, but why don't you just drive from San Jose? It isn't a difficult drive and then you'd have a wide choice of car rental firms from the airport or your San Jose hotel.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Agency in La Fortuna

There are two that I know of: Adobe and Alamo. There may be more - but either of these would be fine. They are both recommended here on the forum.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Agency in La Fortuna

Alamo, Adobe, Mapache, Trebol and Vamos will deliver here to your hotel. Most of my clients use Alamo and I've used them for years and have always been satisfied with their cars, service and their quotes being accurate. Many of my clients also choose to do this same thing-take a private driver from the airport to La Fortuna and then rent a car the next day. Many people opt for this as it is a MUCH less stressful way to get here after a long day of traveling! :-) Enjoy!

M S
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Agency in La Fortuna

Thanks you all for your response. We ended up renting Trebol . But they were pretty expensive in my opinion. For a small car, they charged us $75 per day.

5. Re: Car Rental Agency in La Fortuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:17