We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback tours & rafting to Guanacaste

Fort Worth, Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
Horseback tours & rafting to Guanacaste

We will be staying at either Nayara or The Springs Resort & Spa in December for 3 nights then spending a few nights in Guanacaste. I'd love to hear the pros/cons of Nayara vs The Springs because we can't decide! We won't have a rental car so we are looking into transportation from Arenal to Guanacaste. I saw Desafio offers a white water rafting trip as transportation on the Rio Tenario. Anyone done this? How is the river flow, especially in early December? We don't want a "float", definetly looking for some excitement.

Also, I'm interested in a horseback tour to the La Fortuna waterfalls. Are there any operators someone can suggest for extremely advanced riders? I grew up showing horses and a nose-to-tail walk/trot tour would bore me to tears. I'd love to find an operator that would take us all around and make it a real adventure.

Also, are taxi's readily available, or are the restuarants within walking distance of The Springs or Nayara resorts?

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback tours & rafting to Guanacaste

I've never heard about a rafting trip from Arenal to Guanacaste so please let me know what you find out! Any 'public' tour you try to book for horseback riding is going to be boring for you as they will be catered to everyone in the group, including those that don't ride. I would contact Jacamar. They can arrange private tours and provide horses best for you if you tell them what you want. And they would probably love it too!

http://www.arenaltours.com/....oh and they arrange transfer all over the country too, in case that rafting thing does not work out for you!

Springs is much further from town than Nayara, but has 4 restaurants, I think. Nayara has a couple, one that is sushi and delicious. I don't think there is anything within walking distance to either property, but yes there are plenty of reliable taxi's and the hotels would be happy to help you get one.

2. Re: Horseback tours & rafting to Guanacaste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...