We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peace lodge to Nayara

Mifflinburg...
Level Contributor
210 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Peace lodge to Nayara

Need help on costa Rica. We were considering Cayo Espanto in belize until i found Springs resort and spa. Love reviews for Peace lodge and is only about hr drive from san jose. Would you consider staying here for 3 nights and then driving up to Nayara or Springs resort for another 3 or 4 nights? How long drive would that be also, and can i get transfers to and from each lodging from airport?

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peace lodge to Nayara

The Peace Lodge is very nice, but I personally would not stay more than two nights. You can see and do everything there really is to do there within one full day. The Springs is pretty nice, but a little too "Disney" for my taste. Nayara is a very nice hotel and would get my vote.

You can use this link for travel times: yourtravelmap.com/costarica/…

Here is a link to some of the transportation companies in CR: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g291982-c109576/Costa… Once you have narrowed your search, check for reviews and ICT certification.

Edited: 30 August 2013, 21:58
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
307 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Peace lodge to Nayara

Yes, and yes and again yes. Have done that trip myself and it was wonderful. Stayed at both The Springs and Nayara, and you really couldn't go wrong with either. Some people will say that the Springs and Peace Lodge are Disney-esque and not necessarily the most authentic or typico you can get, which is true, but the service, room quality and on site facilities are really hard to beat. Arenal area is about 2 hours or so from the Peace Lodge and then Arenal is about 3 hours or so from the San Jose airport, there's any number of transfer companies that can handle the transportation (you will need private transfers getting in and out of Peace Lodge as the shuttles don't go to that area) or you can arrange them through the resort. There are a million things to do in both areas.

In deciding between Nayara and The Springs - Nayara probably has the cooler room (IMHO), but The Springs has the hot springs complexes, club rio ctivity center and more onsite dining (although pricey). Nayara is closer to La Fortuna and other attractions, The Springs is a little more isolated. But they're both great hotels and you'd probably enjoy them equally.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,448 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peace lodge to Nayara

Agreed with Explorin...if you like fiberglass rocks...plastic flowers and fake Disney kind of place...Peace Lodge and The Springs are watinig for you...

From SJO to Peace Lodge about one hour...from Peace Lodge to The Springs about 2.5 hours ..

Arenal Anyara is unique...runa and own by locals with incredible good taste..service is incredible...decoration...views...and will feel in a kind of humble ambiance....not Las Vegas or Disney...no thank you!

The Springs is about 30 minutes from La Fortuna each way...minutes more minutes less!

roadadvisor .

Edited: 30 August 2013, 22:18
Mifflinburg...
Level Contributor
210 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peace lodge to Nayara

Really appreciate all good information. Thank you for replies

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,448 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peace lodge to Nayara

You are WELCOME...

roadadvisor

6. Re: Peace lodge to Nayara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...