We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Trumbull...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

Hi, we will be staying at Tabacon in a few weeks. We are hoping to get to Zip Trek and Proyecto Asis in one day. Based on timing and transportation (we don't have a car) how would we best do this?

Proyecto times are 8:30am or 1pm and takes about 3 hours. Zip Trek is offered at 07:30 am, 08:30 am, 09:00 am, 10:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 02:00 pm, or 03:00 pm. and lasts 2 and 1/2 hours.

Thanks so much for any help!

Level Contributor
126 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

Bump...

I'm also planning to tour Proyecto and then zipline at SkyTrek. Seems like a tight schedule. Has anyone done this, or have recommendations.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

It's difficult to do Proyecto Asis without a car. You could ride the bus or take a taxi but taxi would be very expensive. Perhaps there is an organized tour that goes there and includes transportation. I just don't know of one.

If you go to Proyecto Asis early, you will be done by 11:30 or 12:00 - back to La Fortuna for some lunch and then maybe the 3 pm Zip Trek.

Level Contributor
126 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

Hattie - Thanks! I asked Proyecto and they do provide transportation for an additional fee (I was quoted $80 roundtrip from Arenal Manoa, and it appears to take ~1hr each way). Not sure if this is expensive, but it's almost the cost of the tour itself!

We were planning on doing the morning tour at Proyecto, and then the latest Sky Trek zipline at 3pm.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

That should work, tcandsam1.

Yes, the transportation part can be a bit on the expensive side - but - it is about 40 minutes from La Fortuna to Proyecto Asis so not a bad price for round trip.

One of the reasons we push people to rent a car for their time in the Arenal area. Things are rather spread out and transportation costs can mount up.

Level Contributor
126 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

Hattie - thanks again! I haven't considered renting a car, but I am starting to realize that transportation is a huge expense. Is driving in Arenal easy? I know this is an OLD/constant topic, but quite frankly I'm afraid of getting lost in a foreign country (I get lost in my own city!).

Anyway, glad to know the pickup/drop off charge is reasonable. Looking forward to everything!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

Driving in the Arenal area is easy. There are several sources of good maps. This one will show you where many of the hotels and excursions are located: www.arenal.net/arenal-costa-rica-map.htm

Level Contributor
126 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

Hattie - thanks for the link. I'll take a look!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

Proyecto Asis advised me when you book the transportation if there are others they price may be lowered. $40 each way for 40 minute ride seems reasonable as I too do not like driving in foreign country and just renting a car seems like a headache in it's self.

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

This is very helpful, thank you! I was told that if we find others who are going to Proyecto Asis on the same day they will let us split the cost. I guess we will wait until we are at our hotel and ask around.

10. Re: Proyecto Asis and Zip Trek - both in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:19