We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamest Zip Line for Child

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
112 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tamest Zip Line for Child

We will be in the Arenal area in July. My 9 year old daughter really wants to zip line, but she's asked me to find the "easiest" one. I've researched this question but cannot find any kind of answer - does anyone have a recommendation for a zip line in the Arenal area that is fairly tame? I think my daughter is most worried about the height. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
891 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Level Contributor
579 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamest Zip Line for Child

I think the concern might be the speed, not the height, since all canoy tours are high up. She might have trouble braking if it goes too fast. Check with Eco Glide. I think they're pretty good. You can practice first before you head up to the mountain. The practice one is just a few feet above ground.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamest Zip Line for Child

Hello! I totally agree with Karin Eco Glide it is a good option, you can fin a video on YouTube about the company let me know if questions raises.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
112 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamest Zip Line for Child

Thanks, Karin & Dennis! Eco Glide is actually the main one I was wondering about. I watched their YouTube video and thought it looked like it might be ok. It looks like it starts out fairly "easy" before building to the longer/higher lines.

If she does the first couple of lines but then decides she doesn't want to finish, is there any way for her to stop midway through the tour? We did some very easy, low zip lines in Montana this past summer. She was scared before she started, but then absolutely loved it. I'm thinking that will happen again with these higher lines at Eco Glide, but what if that doesn't happen and she does the first few lines and then doesn't want to finish? Is she stuck? In Montana, she would have been able to exit after every line if she had panicked...

Quintana Roo, Mexico
Level Contributor
579 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamest Zip Line for Child

Yes they do have "emergency exit" if your daughter doesn't want to finish. The staff at Eco Glide is very professional and caring. No need to worry. Go for it! :)

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
169 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tamest Zip Line for Child

My 7 year old ziplined with Eco Glide last year. Absolutely loved it.....

Dont worry, its perfectly safe.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
112 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tamest Zip Line for Child

Excellent! Thanks, Karin & Aero!

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
179 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tamest Zip Line for Child

I asked a similar question and Los Canones at Los Lagos resort was also recommended to me. Skytrek seems to be the scariest/highest!

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
112 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tamest Zip Line for Child

Interesting, Brooklyn - Los Lagos was the other I was considering. We had originally planned to stay there, but then decided on a vacation home instead. But I thought their zip line looked like it wouldn't be too scary. We found a YouTube video for their line as well. And I wanted to do SkyTrek myself, but there is no way I would put my daughter on that one - definitely too intense for her :)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tamest Zip Line for Child

We did Sky Trek with our 9, 11, 12 and 14 year olds. The 9 and 11 year olds had to go together or with a guide for many of the lines because they didn't weigh enough. The short practice line they did solo and the fastest one they were able to do by themselves (because they wanted to). If your daughter would feel more comfortable going with the guide, I'd recommend Sky Trek. It was the highlight of our trip for all of our kids!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
153 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tamest Zip Line for Child

I hear that Sky Trek is very safe ; it is high and long though but I have read reviews that even children do it and love it. We are going in May .

Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...