We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rancho Margot day tour

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Post Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
103 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Rancho Margot day tour

I will be staying near La Fortuna and am trying to decide on a trip that will show me a little of CR. Right now I'm thinking of the Rancho Margot day tour, since it sounds interesting, but on the other hand, I'm not sure if the farm tour would hold my attention.

Has anyone gone on this trip that could give me some advice? Also, is there such a thing as a day type tour to AOL?

I would like to see caiman's either in the wild or in a setting such as a hotel that mimics the wild. Any ideas on that?

Thank you for your help.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rancho Margot day tour

I haven't stayed there........ but I would like to!

The Farm Tour is not the only thing there -- they have an assortment of trails as well as those neat-sounding pools. It seems to me that there's a lot going on - even yoga.

But if you are not into 1: learning more about Costa Rica and its environment 2: Look at and learning about medicinal plants 3: swimming in a series of natural pools 4. walking their trails 5. yoga --- then it probably isn't for you.

I got so excited just reading the website that I started looking at the calendar to see when I could have a couple of days "getaway" there.

It really depends on your interests and what kind of environment you like to stay in. You might want one of the hotels that are closer to adventure activities or to La Fortuna - your choice.

Maybe someone who has stayed there will chime in. Otherwise, everything I see about it has rave reviews.

Post Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
103 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rancho Margot day tour

Thank you, Hattie. Yes, I'm only interested in the day tour that I read about, since I wouldn't be interested in yoga, or necessarily medicinal plants. The tour, however, sounded interesting. I just haven't been able to find a price or whether transportation is included.

I was hoping someone would also have information on whether AOL has a day tour, and also the caiman question.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rancho Margot day tour

Arenal Observatory Lodge has a free guided tour every morning for people staying there that is included in the price of a room. Check the website for more information. If you are not staying there, then you can just drive (or take a taxi) and walk their trails for a fee.

For caimans, the only "guarantee" would be at Cano Negro which is a full day. There are also float tours around the Arenal area where you might see one.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rancho Margot day tour

Well near that area theres bunch of activities that can definily hold your atention like ATV, hiking, waterfalls, zip line, hot springs, horse riding and more.

Alajuela
Destination Expert
for Alajuela
Level Contributor
320 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rancho Margot day tour

Rancho Margot should not really be thought of as a tour - that would be unfortunate.

The ideas and their execution are part of the future of a properly managed planet. If the planet could go this way, if each of us just took a little bit of what is going on at Rancho Margot home with us we'd all have a better future. Some people who go will tsk tsk the whole thing as impractical, some take back some of the ideas to their homes or businesses and a lucky few move in and participate.

It is a wonderful experiment.

Caimans are another day :-)) and another thing altogether.

Berni

Pura Vida Hotel

BTW they also run a hotel there - worth a stay!

6. Re: Rancho Margot day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 05:15