We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Fortuna/Arenal area or Monteverde?

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
La Fortuna/Arenal area or Monteverde?

I will be going to CR in mid May to early june. One week will be with a friend and then I'll be solo for about nine days. We want to see the highlights around San Jose where we'll be flying in because he only has six days. We were thinking about choosing between the La Fortuna/Arenal area and Monteverde and then head to a beach maybe Manuel Antonio or is that too much? Would one week be too crammed to see all three destinations? If so would you rather go to Arenal or monteverde if you had to choose between the two? Thanks

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,488 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Fortuna/Arenal area or Monteverde?

In 6 days do 2 locations; and although Monteverde has plenty to offer, my advice is Arenal. It is a tad easier on transport logistic.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Fortuna/Arenal area or Monteverde?

Monteverde and Manual Antonio will give your friend the most to see. I would favor the Carara Reserve over Manual Antonio for wildlife and save some driving. Distances are short so even at the regular 35-50 MPH speeds on the roads you will not spend a lot of time in the car.

Check the weather by month as there is a rainy season when you do not want to be in the southwest part of the country along the coast.

3. Re: La Fortuna/Arenal area or Monteverde?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16