We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Manual Antonio Park to La Fortuna area?

Berkeley, California
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from Manual Antonio Park to La Fortuna area?

I'm currently planning out vacation for this August. My family of four (kids ages 6 and 9) will be spending 4 nights near the beach at Manual Antonio Nat'l Park, then we have two "free" days/nights before our confirmed reservations at the Tree House Hotel just outside of La Fortuna.

I could use some advice on transportation from MA park to La Fortuna area, and suggestions for how to fill our two free days. Should we spend an extra day on the beach? Or head directly to La Fortuna (or surrounding area). Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

RideCR
Taxis & Shuttles
Costa Rica Nature Guides-Tours and Transfers
Walking Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Seven Tours Costa Rica
Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Cultural Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,932 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Manual Antonio Park to La Fortuna area?

The Tree House hotel is in Javillos…about 40 minutes from La Fortuna…the best options…rent a car or shuttles or even private transportation…about 3.45 hours ride…nice road all the way…in this case the best…San Ramon…Bajo de los Rodriguez…Santa Clara…Javillos…

roadadvisor

Berkeley, California
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Manual Antonio Park to La Fortuna area?

Thanks. I didn't realize Javillos was that far from La Fortuna.

Any sense of how much a shuttle would cost?

3. Re: Getting from Manual Antonio Park to La Fortuna area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...