We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A/C Needed?

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
A/C Needed?

We've rented a home on Lake Arenal next week. My husband just realized the home doesn't have air conditioning, and now he's panicked he's going to be too hot to sleep. How hot does it really get in this area of the country this time of year? Any words of encouragement I can give my husband?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,012 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A/C Needed?

I never use AC when I am up that way. You are pretty high up elevation wise so IMO you will be fine.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A/C Needed?

Thanks, Incabod! I'm trying to reassure my family that all will be fine... :)

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,012 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A/C Needed?

I always use blankets when I stay there, and I am not old!

you'll be fine.

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A/C Needed?

It has been pretty Rainey and in my opinion cool up,there this last week.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A/C Needed?

I live here and sleep with a full quilt each night with no A/C, just windows open. :-) It has been very, very rainy the past few weeks at night so your husband should be just fine! Breathe!

6. Re: A/C Needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...