We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time and place issue

Chicago
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
time and place issue

A 17 year old and I, her mom, will fly into and out of San Jose. We have 8 nights and would like to do a zip line, see a volcano and jungle animals and also lay on a beach. Is all this doable? Do we have to

rent a car?

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time and place issue

8 days is enough to see Arenal, spend two or three nights and then a beach for the rest of your holiday, Manuel Antonio on the Pacific side is a possible or Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean side, you could even combine with rafting the Pacuare river..

A car is not needed but would give you a lot of freedom.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,354 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: time and place issue

You can fly from San Jose to Quepos where there are great beaches and Manuel Antonio national park is located. A guide is recommended for the park as they are able to spot the animals that we can't I recently did a tour with nature interpreter Gamaliel and he was great he had been recommended to me by a local friend who has sent many visitors his way because of his expertise.

His e-mail is holagama@yahoo.com

Collie

Chicago
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: time and place issue

Are you suggesting a flight to avoid a long bus ride? What is the drive time

from San Jose to Manuel Antonio?

Can you recommend a hotel in the MA area?

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,354 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: time and place issue

The drive time is about 3 to 31/2 hours but if you are renting a car it might be worth the drive just to see the country side. You probably already know not to go over the speed limit as the fine is terrible in the hundreds of dollars. Also my friend that I visited and stayed with in Quepos said never to look at the police when you pass them as somehow that's a green light for them to come after you and stop you whether you've been speeding or not just to question you etc.

Collie

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: time and place issue

Plenty time...you can do that and more...rent a car and hit the road!

ROADADVSIOR

6. Re: time and place issue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Poas Volcano National...
Recent Conversations
More Poas Volcano National Park Topics