We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!! Transportation from LIR to Playa Portero Bahia del So

Lancaster, PA
5 posts
Save Topic
HELP!! Transportation from LIR to Playa Portero Bahia del So

We arrive into LIberia airport and will not be renting a car. Can someone suggest how to get from airport to Bahia del Sol (Playa Flamingo area)? Our hotel said they could arrange transportation but cost was $80 each way for 2 people. That seemed like a lot to me. Should we get taxi at airport? I can't seem to find a shuttle service that goes to multiple hotels (like they have in Cancun and other places). Yes, I know Costa Rica is very different from Cancun.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

NYC
Level Contributor
147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!! Transportation from LIR to Playa Portero Bahia del So

Interbus should be able to get you from LIR to Bahia.

https://www.interbusonline.com:442/

Looks like it's about 35 pp

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!! Transportation from LIR to Playa Portero Bahia del So

Hi Schramtj - I had the same problem getting from Potrero to the airport.

Interbus will get you close (Flamingo) and then it's a cheap taxi ride to Bahia. Grey Line goes from Arenal to the hotel, so I would also contact them as with the minimum 2 people, you could get your own bus but the cost is still about $40/person.

Because any transport other than private taxi is per person, I went ahead and booked the hotel's transport for the same price as you. I'm told it's a reasonable rate for those who don't want to ride the gravy train.

J in Calgary

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!! Transportation from LIR to Playa Portero Bahia del So

A taxi will likely cost you more than $80 from the airport to Potrero. It is quite a distance. We traveled from Liberia to Potrero last December and paid $80 too. We were able to split it between 4 people however.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!! Transportation from LIR to Playa Portero Bahia del So

We used J and C tours for the same trip- Liberia to Bahia. They charged us $65 for 2 people. The driver didn't speak english, but we were able to communicate.

Our plane was 2 hours late. When we landed, our driver was right up front with our name on a sign. He even stopped at a grocery store so we could stop and get some food and beer for our hotel mini fridge. The company has great customer service as well. We would have booked more tours with them, but this CR trip was more about relaxing than adventure. When you get to the hotel, you can book tours there. Not sure if it is more than J and C, but there is internet at the hotel, so you could contact them or call them once there to compare prices. Wish I was going.

5. Re: HELP!! Transportation from LIR to Playa Portero Bahia del So

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Province of Guanacaste