We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the laws for drinking alcohol on the beach?

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
844 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
What are the laws for drinking alcohol on the beach?

I didn't see anything posted in the forums about this so thought I'd ask since the rules seem to vary a lot around the world. Here in BC you cannot have open alcohol on any of the beaches, but when we were in Hawaii it was not a problem as long as you were being conservative.

We like to bring some lunch and a couple of beers to go with it to the beach when we can, but I don't want to get in any trouble so if someone could let me know how things work there I'd appreciate it.

The beaches we'll be on are Playa Brasilito, Conchal, Tamarindo, Flamingo (a few around this area), Grande, Samara, and Carillo. I think I read somewhere that the police station is on the beach in Samara so if there are even any particular spots to steer clear of having any drinks on your tips are welcome!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the laws for drinking alcohol on the beach?

Not a problem, you can drink at the beach...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the laws for drinking alcohol on the beach?

speaking of drinking, what is the age limit to be legal to drink in CR?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,590 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the laws for drinking alcohol on the beach?

Hi,

The legal drinking age is 18.

On the beach, to avoid problems, drink in plastic cups as opposed to the bottles or cans and no one will bother you.

raquel

Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the laws for drinking alcohol on the beach?

thank you for the info...

5. Re: What are the laws for drinking alcohol on the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2009, 07:32