We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will be in Playa Conchal May 3-8, Nicaragua tour

Shreveport, LA
Level Contributor
23 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
will be in Playa Conchal May 3-8, Nicaragua tour

My dh and I LOVED our trip to CR 1 yr ago, and are blessed greatly in that we're able to return this year while someone back home watches our 3 kids --- first adults' only trip ever! We wanted to do the 1 day Nicaragua tour last year, but ran out of time, and didn't think taking our 3 yr old on an all-day tour would be too pleasing (for us or our tour guides! haha).

We want to use Vargas Tours to go on the 1 day Nicaragua tour May 6 or 7, but we need 2 more people that would like to go there, as well. Anyone been on this tour? Any advice? Anyone else like to go on the trip with us on the 6th or 7th? I apologize if this is not the place to post this...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will be in Playa Conchal May 3-8, Nicaragua tour

I used to think that taking the one day tour to Nicaragua...was not a good idea...but lately...some people here at the forum are saying that is a nice tour...maybe it is...maybe you guys have to try it and let us know!

roadadvisor

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: will be in Playa Conchal May 3-8, Nicaragua tour

It is a lot of driving multi-days a tonne better but

Vargas is good if you are up for a marathon

go for it...

La Cruz, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will be in Playa Conchal May 3-8, Nicaragua tour

What are you thinking? Your 1st adult trip and you're going hiking hehehehe. Please, you will hate yourself if you do not contact Christina over at recreo costa rica dot com. She has the whole Nicaragua tour thing down. She can tell you the ins and outs with regard to vargus... number is on the site.. And tell her Jeff in Mexico said hello ;) Good luck sounds like a great kid get-away!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: will be in Playa Conchal May 3-8, Nicaragua tour

Grayline also offers the tour. I have no idea if they're comparable.

Shreveport, LA
Level Contributor
23 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: will be in Playa Conchal May 3-8, Nicaragua tour

Thanks! After our 2nd class/pool dive time yesterday, dh and I are SOOO thrilled to be going to CR to finish our dive certification! If we don't get to Nicaragua, we'll still be very happy with "just diving" haha. But, XploreCR, thanks for the info! I'll check into them, too.

6. Re: will be in Playa Conchal May 3-8, Nicaragua tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 05:17