We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive resort

Ontario
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive resort

Would appreciate any input/advice from travellers who have been to either Barcelo Play Langosta or Flamingo Beach resort.Trying to decide from these two.

Also understand rainy season from May -Nov.

Much rain last week of Nov.?

Thanks!!

Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
819 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive resort

Hello lilmag - you can read hundreds of reviews on both these resorts. Top of the page in the search bar type in one of the resort names then hit search, from here you can do hours of reading........then repeat for the next resort. From what I've read I would choose Barceló Playa Langosta but then it depends all on what you expect from your resort, what you’re willing to pay and what area of Costa Rica you want to be in. Once you've read the reviews you'll know which one you want to go to.

Sorry can't help with the weather as we are going for our first time this January. We are staying at the Doubletree in Puntarenas which is also an all-inclusive resort.

Which ever resort you choose relax, enjoy and don't sweat the small stuff!

Mary Jane & Glenn

Ontario
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive resort

Maryjane,

Thank you very much...yes, have read numerous reviews from both..just trying to narrow it down. thanks!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,448 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive resort

I stayed at the two places...I like it better Playa Langosto...the food was better...even that either one offer great food.

I like the beach at Langosta ...but also nice big beach at Flamingo...

As you mentioned the last week of November can be wet...is the end of the rainy season...and can be no to wet...just some short showers...hard to tell!

roadadvisor

encinitas,calif.
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive resort

i have not stayed at barcelo but have been to tamarindo many times. i thnk it has a nicer town (oercsonal preferance) than flamingo. you cango into town if you gert ited of your meals. walkalong a beautiful beach. do a day trip to flamingo, do anothr day beach trip to sugar beach, its beautiful and the restaurant is very good and abeautiful setting. we were ther in jun and had rain and mosquitoes. a first for us as we have usually gone in dec. jan, feb., and may. we still had a great time. it is so beautiful. a little rain is great alot, well bring some books... have fun. goto la baula for pizza and salad in tamarindo. its great and affordable..

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive resort

A few days ago, I asked a restaurant owner in Flamingo for some help in describing the differences between the town of Tamarindo and Flamingo Beach. Interestingly she said, "It's a place for grownups who don't like potholes." Some truth to that.

There is a charm about both places. Perhaps if you learned more about what's available in each town, it would help you decide. As a writer once said, "If you must make a decision, it's nothing more than an indication you don't have enough information."

One eye-opener might be to look at an arial view of Flamingo at:

tamarindocosta-rica.com/playas-beach/flaming…

Then look at the Home Page for the site where you'll see another one for Tamarindo. Many visitors don't realize how small the towns are, but Tamarindo is larger. Just depends on what kind of vacation you want.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive resort

Surfsponger - I like that description! "a place for grownups who don't like potholes." Subtle, but really says it all.

7. Re: All Inclusive resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2011, 06:18